Help! Only Then Can Hope Be Coming To The Farmers. Help!

“Help!” shout The Beatles.

Most Filipino farmers, I’m guessing now, are actually minding their own business and are not thinking of asking help from anyone to get them out of poverty. Or, which is the same, they don’t know how to get out of poverty! And? And the government is not helping them any. Sympathizing, yes, but not helping them get out,

So! On how to help the millions, plural, of Filipino farmers get out of poverty, I have something to offer. Some 24 years after starting to blog earnestly, via WordPress.com, today via Blogspot.com, at almost 84 (everyday praying to God for more years, at least up to 111, Lord), via this new blog of mine “Regenerative Agriculture, 13” (Good luck!) – I am dedicating the rest of my life to these 13 practices of Regenerative Agriculture (RA) that I have collected in my decades of browsing the Internet (alphabetized):

1, Cover Cropping
2, Crop Rotation
3, Farm Crops + Tree Crops (Agroforestry)
4, Green Manuring
5, Intercropping
6, Multiple Cropping
7, No-Till Farming
8, Organic Fertilization
9, Ratooning
10, Rotational Grazing
11, “Three Sisters” Planting
12, Trap Cropping
13, Trash Mulching.

Why my singular interest in those poor millions?
1, Know that I come from a farming family in Asingan, Pangasinan – not poor but I have seen how bad it is to be poor.
2, I am an Agriculturist, a graduate of UP Los Baños, BS Agriculture major in Ag Edu, 1965. Cultivating myself as a wide reader and digital denizen, I know we can help the poor farmers if we just minded them enough – if we get rid of politics enough!

This new blog of mine, “Regenerative Agriculture, 13” with the slogan, “Luck has nothing to do with it – it’s Pluck” is saying to the farmers: “Learn to ask for help!” Otherwise, those politicians are only thinking of rice consumers, so they want to reduce the price of rice to a minimum to be “affordable” to the masses – voters.

Meanwhile, I cry for the farmers with The Beatles (AZLyrics, azlyrics.com):

"Help!"

Help! I need somebody
Help! Not just anybody
Help! You know I need someone
Help!

(When) When I was younger (When I was young) so much younger than today
(I never need) I never needed anybody's help in any way
(Now) But now these days are gone (These days are gone) and I'm not so self assured
(And now I find) Now I find I've changed my mind, I've opened up the doors

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being 'round
Help me get my feet back on the ground
Won't you please, please help me?

(Now) And now my life has changed (My life has changed) in oh so many ways
(My independence) My independence seems to vanish in the haze
(But) But ev'ry now (Every now and then) and then I feel so insecure
(I know that I) I know that I just need you like I've never done before…

Help! Help The Farmers!@517

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help, 1! Cover Crops To Produce The New Rich Rice Farmer, To Help Him Raise Rice Right!

Help, 2! Crop Rotation To Produce The New Rich Rice Farmer, To Help Him Raise Rice Right!